We are currently working on setting up a shared set of data across the different studies – this Minimum Shared Data Set will be available to researchers online.
Ongoing projects include
- Participant survey – we are trying to understand what participants want from genetic FTD studies and in particular clinical trials.
- Progranulin assays – this study aims to understand variability in different bioassays for progranulin.
- Disease progression modelling – this project aims to work with statisticians to model how genetic FTD progresses over time in terms of changes in cognition, brain imaging and fluid biomarkers.
- Predicting conversion to symptomatic FTD – this study aims to investigate what factors predict someone becoming symptomatic when they are in the presymptomatic period.
- Language processing in FTD – we are aiming to use novel ways to analyze speech taken from a short recording when people come to a research visit.